Some bad news first.
I can not work at the AECC (Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer; sort of like the American Cancer Society) because to work with the kids, there's a law that I need to take a day and half long course. And this course isn't offered till October 22nd :( (which is less than a month before I leave). I even thought it'd be good to take the course and work for a month, but the lady I talked to suggested that the post-course volunteering should be a least 3-6 months, if not longer, and since I have class and can only work a few days a week, it's not worth it to take the course. Lamesauce. She does have my number so if there are any mailing projects I can help out with, she'll call me.
So blogger HATES me and only once a day lets me load a single picture onto my blog. It's as if some unknown force WANTS my blog to look as boring as possible!!! I'm so sorry! I will keep trying but I still suggest:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jojo.basu/
To see some fantastic pictures that dumb blogger won't let me decorate this blog with.
To me, it seems that when anyone speaks Spanish, their voice sounds less...high pitched? Shrill? It's subtle, but if you listen for it, you might agree. So little Spanish speaking girls are probably the cutest kids in the world, because they're little girls that sound wayyyy more mature just by speaking Spanish.
One of my favorite areas of the city is called Barrio de Huertas also known as Barrio de las letras (with street names after famous writers that used to live there), and with the well known Plaza de Santa Ana in this neighborhood's center. This area is very central, close to Sol (which is the heart of the nightlife), near the museums, and beautiful both in the day and night. I will try to take pictures and post them here if possible, but if blogger hates me, keep an eye on my Picasa albums. Oh and you should "google image" it!
I have yet to visit Templo de Debod and Palacio Cristal, but otherwise, I have most "main" tourist spots covered and will try to make a list with descriptions of these places soon. You may also be receiving a postcard in the next month or so with a picture of a famous site (sent a bit cheaper in the US, thanks to my parents)
If you read this and want a postcard, I need your addresses if you want a postcard! Please!
That's all for now. Keep the comments coming (especially with addresses!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
hey girl-
ok you should be really proud of me for finally getting here and reading this. Spain sounds really amazing, i'm a little jealous... maybe more than a little.
i had to laugh at your comment about the spansish th accent, i picked that up last year in my class on spain bc mi profe fue de ethpana. i kind of like the way they talk actually, it sounds all cool and sophisticated ha
and you shouldnt be surprised by the ignorance/general dumbness of americans, we're too busy praising ourselves for beeing so FREE.
bueno, im off to take a quick siesta bc well you can never sleep too much...
Te echo de menos muchisimo!
-Rima
i have a secret for youu!!!
I figured out how to do it (add more than one picture). hit me up on gmail sometime.
<3
Send me a postcard! At Carleton... you know the address. That would be awesome.
Sorry about the job, that sucks.
Have fun <333
Post a Comment