So yesterday, I went to "The American Store" to try to find myself some peanut butter. And guess what? They have almost all the foods you'd want there except, well, you guessed it. They restocked last night but I don't feel like going back yet. I have their number now so I'll call and check before going next time.
Class is going well; we have a LOT to do in a really tiny amount of time, but hopefully, it'll be good nonetheless. I'm definitely getting better at understanding, I can almost fully understand my professor (Palmar) now and I remember not being able to earlier (especially when she starts talking CRAZY fast). I don't think I'm getting that much better at speaking, I need to practice my conjugations WAY more; they're not quite natural yet. I need to be able to take 300 level spanish classes and do well, dang it! Oh well. Tonight, our class is going out to dinner to celebrate the birthday of a couple students in our program! Maybe we'll go out for my birthday too! The food here tends to be REALLY tasty sometimes, when it's not super fried or bright red pieces of...pig butt; it's mostly hit or miss.
Also, after class today, I walked to the AECC (Asociación Española Contra de Cancer; I'm thinking, the equivalent of the American Cancer Society in Spain), which is less than a block away from the house I'm staying at, to ask if I could volunteer for a couple months. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll call me!! (it was siesta time, lol). I'll keep you posted!
Okay that was all the important-ish stuff. Next post=totally fun. I hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment