So my friend from the Carleton program and I agreed upon a short weekend adventure to Cordoba (the northern city of the southernmost province, Andalucia, which also has Granada and Sevilla). We then went to the station on Thursday to buy bus tickets (25e roundtrip) and were pretty set to go. We came back and started to casually email a couple cheap hostels for rooms. All of a sudden, we began to realize that all the rooms to the cheap hostels were taken, which was a bit odd and annoying, and I emailed them to let them know I already have tickets and to notify me of any cancellations. We started to enquire about more and more expensive hotels, and everything (under 100e) was taken! Literally, I called over 15 places and they all told me that they were "completo" or full for the ONE Saturday night we'd be there. The logic that one receptionist told me was that Monday is a holiday, and thus, everyone is traveling...but everyone to Cordoba? Maybe we'll discover some giant fiesta or festival going on. Anyways, we began to freak out a bit, because with tickets already bought, but no desire to pay 50+e each for a hotel/hostel, we started asking about couch surfing and I was considering tent options...no dice on anything. Finally, at around 4pm on Friday when we were ready to scrap the trip altogether, I received an email from one of the higher priced (25e per person/night) but still pretty cheap hostel (they range from 20-40e usually; under 20e is pretty lucky) that a room with 2 individual beds had freed up and they were waiting for us to confirm it!!! I called them right away and booked the room and so I'm leaving for Andalucia in about an hour and half (so I'll head to bus station right about now). Wish us luck, and pray for us that those predicted PM showers won't come!!!
More about our trip soon!
PS We found out there is a HUGE concert going on in Cordoba tonight. And the weather is amazing and it is FILLED with tourists. Longer update about our trip soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is great to hear that it all worked out and you got it for pretty cheap. Good luck on the trip and be sure to take plenty of pictures.
I'm glad you got a room for a decent price!
I got your postcard. It is wonderful.
I wish I could see Almudena. It looks gorgeous.
Miss you <333
Post a Comment